The Cyber Security Division of Eurofins Digital Testing (a leader in end-to-end quality assurance and testing service) has launched a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) testing service to assess data protection capabilities at media companies and ensure their CE devices, and the businesses and processes associated with them, conform to the European data/privacy regulations.
GDPR applies to any company involved with the movement, processing or storage of personal data related to EU citizens, regardless of where the company is located. The core elements tested include:
- Testing the communication to and from devices
- Testing the vulnerability of products
- Conformance to country-specific security requirements
- Analysis of product firmware to see whether it is possible to extract sensitive data.
Eurofins also offers additional services, including:
- Remote host assessments and penetration testing
- Local host assessments
- Mobile app testing (iOS and Android)
- Code review, with a focus on embedded software
- Checks according to Application Security Verification Standard and/or OWASP Top 10
- Hardware and embedded system testing from documentation review to coding errors and security loopholes.
GDPR is the legal framework for personal data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. “With GDPR now in place, it is critical that companies adhere to the stringent data protection framework by running checks with test data to confirm compliance,” warns Johan Craeybeckx, Business Line Director at Eurofins Digital Testing International. “This new programme helps our customers test their overall level and/or device readiness to comply with the GDPR to ensure protection and privacy for how consumers’ personal data is used and managed.”
The Cyber Security Division of Eurofins Digital Testing serves the media and entertainment industry, plus clients across the profit and non-profit sector, including financial, utilities, healthcare and transportation. The company provides a wide range of cyber security testing services beyond the GDPR domain.
Eurofins Digital Testing helps companies worldwide reduce development, testing and deployment cycles to accelerate service delivery, and support a more continuous delivery environment. It boasts a suite of automated test tools, professional testing support services, staffing of onsite personnel, and training. The company helps increase test coverage and consistency to provide service validation, insights into the end-user experience, and performance monitoring for quality assurance.