You can find out more about Roku’s expanding role as a distribution platform and content aggregator, including the value-add it offers streaming services who are ‘onboarded’ within its service (from low-friction publishing and billing management to audience discovery, content promotion and data analytics) at Videoscape Europe on June 13.
In a Fireside Chat during the London event, Yulia Poltorak, Director International Content Distribution at Roku, will discuss how her company helps media owners grow and monetise premium subscription services as well as free content using advertising. You will also learn how the company is helping subscription streamers offer promotional content outside the pay-wall, as the free/paid model evolves. The discussion will also cover the growing device universe for Roku-enabled distribution, including smart TVs featuring the Roku OS and the Roku app for Android and iOS.
Videoscape Europe is the strategy event for D2C, SVOD, AVOD and vPayTV and focuses on delivering profitable growth in premium digital video. It addresses some of the most important developments in our industry today.
Discussion themes include:
- How media owners prepare for a digital-first future and grow in the right way (i.e. ensuring decisions they make today, including about the distribution partners they work with, do not limit their profit potential in future.
- The hybrid ‘free+subscription’ opportunity, where streaming services that have previously relied on subscriptions introduce at least some advertising, either within the existing service or in a separate tier.
- How to increase the time and money consumers give you, which among other things considers whether some aggregators and app onboarders are more useful to a D2C (direct-to-consumer) content owner than others when it comes to viewer engagement and propensity to churn.
- How to become the local content champion, a subject close to the hearts of all European broadcasters and now, increasingly, to international SVOD providers who have to comply with the new ‘30% European-sourced’ VOD quota rule.
- Anna Maria Vujinovic, Director Digital and Business Development, Tech and Data at RTL – who will be explaining how you become a VOD champion in local markets
- Richard Davidson-Houston, Head of All 4, Channel 4 Television, who will be analysing the five things leaders get wrong in VOD
You will also hear from:
- Steve Forde, Director of Digital Products and Online Marketing, ITV
- David Ball, Director of Business Development and Distribution, Crunchyroll
- Nora Köksal, Digital Marketing Manager, Horse & Country TV
- Ben King, SVP Global Distribution and Business Development, DAZN
- Michael Roedel, Head of TV Experience, Vodafone Group
- Richard Young, Commercial Director, Hopster
- David Goddard, VP, Global Programmatic Strategy, BBC Global News
- Andrej Miklanek, Head of TV Content and Marketing Expert, Slovak Telekom and T-Mobile Czech Republic.
There is important research from analysts, including:
- Ted Hall, Research Director at IHS Markit, who reveals the likely shape and impact of three heavyweight direct-to-consumer launches: Apple TV+, Disney+ and WarnerMedia
- Richard Broughton, Research Director at Ampere Analysis, who will predict what happens when the least price-sensitive consumers, who have yet to fully engage with SVOD, do become heavier users
- Matthew Bailey, Senior Analyst, Media and Entertainment at Ovum, who will be exploring the growing importance of online video advertising and predicting the biggest winners.
You can learn more about the Videoscape Europe here.
You can register for the event here.