This webcast will be live on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 2:00 pm British Summer Time, and then available on-demand afterwards. Live listeners will be able to ask panellists questions.
What do broadcasters and content owners need to know to fully leverage HbbTV 2.0.1 to support addressable TV advertising?
This webinar describes the mechanics of delivering ads over IP for insertion into broadcast streams, enabling opportunities to target advertising using technology independent of Pay TV operators and distinct from broadcaster owned-and-operated streaming services.
With each segment of the addressable TV value chain represented, attendees will get a 360-degree view on the key topics including:
- Benefits of a standards-based ad insertion solution for the TV and device market
- Market penetration of HbbTV devices that support IP-into-broadcast content substitution, including free-to-air hybrid set-top boxes, smart TVs and connected TV streaming devices
- Technology capabilities within the HbbTV 2.0.1 standard, including how to implement HbbTV-enabled addressable TV
- Rationale for including HbbTV ad insertion on devices that already include broadcaster OTT apps
- Compatibility and interoperability between HbbTV and the broadcast backoffice and associated ad-tech
- Review of efforts to include HbbTV ad insertion in the new HbbTV-TA (Targeted Advertising) standard
While we will review earlier efforts to use IP-into-broadcast technology for advertising in Europe, the webcast will focus on the use of HbbTV 2.0.1 as the basis for true ad replacement and will consider the work needed to ensure accurate insertion and a good user experience – taking into account the capacity of IP networks, live/linear concurrency, device-side pre-caching and messaging between the device and network.
Henry Rivero, VP Advanced Advertising & Innovation, RTL Group
Frode Hernes, SVP of Product Management, Vewd
Leon Siotis, GM Revenue Europe, SpotX
John Moulding, Editor-in-Chief, Videonet