We have reached an inflection point for streaming video, which in some homes has become the norm but is still held back by infrastructure limits. As more content moves ‘online’ we need a step-change in the performance and economics of streaming content delivery. This paper outlines the caching technology that provides the storage capacity, throughput speeds, stability and scalability that will make streaming more like broadcasting.
You will read about:
- Consumer trends that are accelerating the migration to HTTP-based viewing
- Characteristics of a caching layer that is ready for anything across live, VoD, popular and long-tail content
- How to introduce unprecedented storage and throughput capacity using fewer servers
- How to protect the origin/backend from the threat of overload and achieve best-in-class reliability
- The considerations that are driving more streaming service providers toward a private, DIY CDN model.
Please complete the form below to download the whitepaper