The deadline for submissions to the Videonet Connected TV Awards 2020 is Friday, November 22 (midnight California time), leaving just four days to showcase your innovations to a judging panel that includes senior executives from leading media owners and platform operators. There are categories covering data analytics, advertising technology, streaming video solutions, the TV user experience, customer premise equipment, content protection and operations.
These are the judges who will consider your entries:
(For all categories except ‘Game-changing Advertising Technology’ and ‘The Advertising Leadership Award’)
- Ben Lavender, CPO, DAZN
- Roma Kojima, Senior Director, OTT Video (CBC Gem), Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Steven Hawley, Principal Analyst and Consultant, tvstrategies
- Dan Fahy, VP Commercial and Content Distribution, Viacom International Media Networks
- Sion Wynn Jones, Director of Product, YouView
- William Cooper, Founder and Chief Executive, informitv
- Janine Smith, Head of Digital, ITV
- Ian Nock, Managing Director and Founder, Fairmile West
- Colin Phillips, IPTV & CPE Solutions Architect, BT
- Erwan Nedellec, Orange Referent Expert and Senior Expert on TV Technical Solutions, Orange
- Benjamin Schwarz, Consultant, CToic Consulting
- Anna-Maria Vujinovic, Director Digital & Business Development, Tech and Data, RTL
- Thomas Helbo, CTO and SVP Technology, Tele2
- David Price, Principal, Scala Advisors
- Anette Schaefer, Managing Director, BIG Picture
- Michael Roedel, Head of TV Experience and Design, Vodafone Group
- John Moulding, Editor-in-Chief, Videonet.
(Covering ‘Game-changing Advertising Technology’ and ‘The Advertising Leadership Award’)
- Jeff Eales, Director of Systems & Development, Sky
- Mathias Berg, COO, TV4 Group and Head of Business Unit Advertising, Bonnier Broadcasting
- Jean-Paul Edwards, Chief Product Development Officer, OMD EMEA
- Paola Colombo, General Manager, Adtech and Business Development, Publitalia ‘80
- John Moulding, Editor-in-Chief,
We are searching for stand-out innovation and leadership across the TV industry. Here is a reminder of the categories for 2020:
- The Premium TV Award
- Excellence in Data Analytics, AI or ML
- Game-changing Advertising Technology
- Contribution to Streaming Video Excellence
- Advancing the TV User Experience
- The Advertising Leadership Award
- Customer Premise Innovation
- Protecting Content and its Value
- Outstanding Contribution to Operational Efficiency
- Lifetime Television Industry Achievement Award
- The Videonet Grand Prix.
These awards are organised by Videonet magazine, part of Mediatel Events. They are a genuine meritocracy: anyone, large or small, established or start-up, can win based purely on their achievements. The Videonet Connected TV Awards will be hosted at Connected TV World Summit on Wednesday March 18, 2020. Shortlisted entries will be announced on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
You can read full details about the awards, including category descriptions, judging criteria and entry guidance, at our awards microsite, where you can also submit entries.