One of the most pressing questions facing both the sell-side and buy-side of the television industry is how we embrace linear and digital as a single audience and advertising opportunity. As part of the Future of TV Advertising UK fortnight across Videonet, Mediatel News and Mediatel Events, Virgin Media and PMX (Publicis Media Exchange) give their views in this discussion chaired by Cadi Jones, Commercial Director at Beeswax.
Click on the player below to listen to the conversation. You can find more detail about the talking points below the player box.
- Martin O’Boyle, Managing Director of Partnerships at PMX (Publicis Media Exchange), Publicis Media
- Pat Kiely, Managing Director, Virgin Media
- Moderated by Cadi Jones, Commercial Director, Beeswax.
• How soon before most ad buyers need BVOD, OTT or addressable to top up the audiences they can reach cost-effectively via broadcast linear?
• What are the barriers to using connected TV more widely for advertising, and how do we overcome them; Any transparency or fraud concerns if all television set viewing migrates to CTV?
• How do media owners help an advertiser manage frequency across all screens; What innovations will make it easier to demonstrate de-duplicated multiplatform reach?
• What is the low-hanging fruit if marketers want to combine digital and TV more effectively – identifying linear homes exposed to ads and then targeting them again in digital…?
• How can media owners link business outcomes – like website traffic or sales – to ad exposure, and do so quickly; Is there an opportunity to optimise inflight campaigns using attribution data?
• OpenAP will enable holistic planning of linear and digital across multiple broadcast groups, with a unified campaign view including unduplicated reach, from a centralised marketplace – is this the benchmark for convergence?
You can sign up to all the digital content fortnights, which include Videoscape Europe (the strategy event for D2C, SVOD, AVOD and vPayTV) and The Future of TV Advertising Global, here.