Videonet is hosting a live webcast on Wednesday, June 10, 2020 (1500 BST) looking at ‘How to build the new Pay TV Bundle’, with Nick Thexton, Chief Technology Officer at Synamedia and Morsy Cheikhrouhou, Business Portfolio Leader – Telecom Media Distribution Solutions at AWS.
There are two important beliefs that underpin the discussion: First, despite consumer enthusiasm for SVOD and D2C services, consumers still want aggregation, and it is platform operators who are best placed to deliver that, and the introduction of great blended content discovery experiences is fundamental to their future relevance; Second, most of the Pay TV market needs to rethink its operations model in order to work on a permanently lower cost base whilst being ready for perpetual innovation in consumer-facing experiences and the backoffice technologies that power them.
In short, this webcast begins with the argument that we are at an inflection point in the TV market and important changes must be made – and there is no time to lose. Pay TV operators need to create a new Pay TV bundle, and they also have to create a new Pay TV business. This webcast will explain how a Pay TV operator can meet these twin objectives by harnessing the transformational change that is possible using Synamedia’s Infinite Platform with the Amazon Web Services cloud. It will include real-world examples of what is possible with these technology solutions.
You can register to listen to this webcast here.
The one-hour discussion is free to ‘attend’ and addresses:
- The fundamental building blocks for a single, unified television platform that can support all premium video services across every network type and screen, including full-flavour Pay TV, Pay Lite and white labelled services, in order to achieve common operations and a consistent and seamless user experience.
- How the cloud rewrites the economics of television and resets the capacity bar for both service provision and innovation. You will hear how next-gen features and technologies like cloud recording, intuitive recommendations, analytics (harnessing AI and ML), advanced advertising and advanced security can be deployed quickly and cost-effectively.
- The anatomy of the new Pay TV bundle – how operators can integrate the best streaming services into their UX alongside linear and on-demand, judge consumer needs and intent better than anyone else, and lead them on the most rewarding content discovery journeys.
- The leading Pay TV operators who are already harnessing a single global infrastructure to reimagine their role, their services and consumer experiences. You will hear about companies who have the confidence to think big, and the means to implement on it.
- The detail of how Synamedia’s Infinite Platform and the AWS cloud work together – the truly transformative synergies that mark the end of one TV technology era and the start of another.
- How adapting the operations model can help Pay TV prepare for a fast-changing consumer landscape and the unknown challenges and opportunities that will emerge in a post-Covid world.
You can see more detail about the speakers, and register, via this link.