Videonet hosts a live webcast later today that, among other things, will explore a highly innovative approach to streaming session management that allows television service providers / platform operators to prioritise particular customers, content or devices during periods of network congestion. You will hear how control of the ABR streams is moved from the client device to the network in order to achieve this QoE management.
The intelligent resource prioritisation is part of a wider discussion about optimising video delivery using private and public clouds and how they can be used together to optimum effect. The webcast explores the value of a hybrid video plane within a next-generation TV platform. The one-hour discussion also encompasses the role of the cloud for video processing, from temporary channels to disaster recovery, and takes a look at the general drivers and challenges associated with television cloud transformation.
This virtual panel features industry experts from Orange, AWS, Kaltura, and Broadpeak, and the speakers are listed below. The webcast begins at 1500 BST (Thursday, September 03, 2020). You can find out more, and register to see this free content, here.
Key takeaways from this session will include:
- Ways to combine your on-prem delivery network and cloud resources
- What you can do to maximize network capabilities and reduce costs
- Motives for becoming more cloud-centric, where to start a cloud journey and how to handle legacy
- How to utilize data to optimize QoE during peak-hours usage
- Opportunities to reduce costs and improve consumer Quality of Experience across operations and services as a whole
- Ways to extend your data center capabilities for live linear media preparation
- How to ensure always-on service availability with a best-of-breed cloud and on-prem solution.
The speakers are:
- Yann Queffelec, Head of Technical Transformation of HOME services @ Orange Labs, Orange
- Duncan Chisholm, Sr. Director, Solution Architecture, Kaltura
- Xavier Leclercq, VP Business Development, Broadpeak
- Simon Frost, Head of EMEA Media Marketing, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Moderated by John Moulding, Editor-in-Chief, Videonet.
You can read more about the speakers, and register, here.