The Future of TV Advertising Global returns on December 8, with the unification of television and digital, connected TV, addressable TV, programmatic TV, identity and measurement among the key themes at the three-day conference. The organisers are promising to “bring you thought leaders and pioneers from around the world and take stock of what needs to happen next in television advertising after an extraordinary year.” The event is streamed online due to Covid restrictions and is free to view.
In Part One of our Future of TV Advertising event preview, we list some of the sell-side innovations you can hear about, what leading buyers are discussing, and the leading research that will be revealed. We also highlight the addressable TV advertising sessions. Look out for Part Two at the end of this week.
World-class innovation from the sell-side
- Rhys McLachlan, Director of Advanced Advertising at ITV, will discuss how a programmatic planning and buying system can ensure broadcaster sovereignty and maximise inventory yield. You can learn more about one of the most advanced broadcaster programmatic solutions anywhere (Planet V, which went live recently).
- KC Sullivan, President & Managing Director of Global Advertising & Partnerships at NBCUniversal will give more detail about the ground-breaking One Platform, which is a strategy to reach all audiences across every screen. The aim is to create a more relevant advertising experience for viewers and greater impact for brands. With One Platform, there is an opportunity for a better premium video marketplace that helps advertisers reach the audiences they need to drive better business results. You will hear how NBCUniversal is building an advertising division to reflect global consumption as well as harnessing the power of its international assets, including Sky.
- Australian commercial broadcaster Nine explains how it enables brands to match their customer data against its registered users so that, among other things, they can target known customers or find ‘lookalike’ consumers. This addressable solution uses a DMP integration and is fully automated and privacy compliant. It does not rely on cookies and every ad impression is linked back to a person. You will hear about the technology, the use-cases for buyers, how it impacts the efficiency of campaigns and the role of TV within omnichannel campaigns. The speakers are Ben Campbell, Director of Advertising & Data Products at Nine, and Michael Stephenson, CSO, Nine.
- Kevin Arrix, Senior Vice President at DISH Media Sales, will reveal how one of North America’s leading Pay TV providers has made its set-top box VOD advertising inventory available for private, real-time programmatic trading. This interview explores the key lessons and results from the implementation, which means STB VOD can be bought through the same programmatic demand sources as other owned digital inventory.
Up-to-date advertising research and fresh thinking
- ‘The Value of Attention, and How to Measure and Trade Upon It’ with Karen Nelson-Field (Centre for Amplified Intelligence)
- ‘Advanced TV Uncovered: European Landscape’ with Virginie Dremeaux (Executive Director, Product and Sales Marketing International, FreeWheel)
- Orlando Wood, Author of ‘Lemon’ and Chief Innovation Officer, System1Group, on maximising creative effectiveness by examining the features of successful online video advertising.
- James Fennesey, Global CEO, Standard Media Index, on understanding AVOD – the big players, their catalogues and their audiences.
- ‘How Broadcasters can Improve Share-of-Time with Young Adults’ with Tom Harrington (Senior TV Analyst, Enders Analysis)
- The future of viewing and ad-supported TV – what the numbers say. This panel looks at the VOD market, content investments and ad budgets with: Maria Rua Aguete, Executive Director, Omdia; Richard Broughton, Research Director, Ampere Analysis; Duncan Stewart, Director of Research, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Deloitte.
What the buy-side is thinking (from interviews or panel discussions):
- Kate Rowlinson, CEO at Mediacom, discusses advertising in the age of Covid, and especially the agency lessons we can carry forwards.
- Steve Bignell, CEO at PMX UK (Publicis Media Exchange) explores the unification of broadcast and digital advertising.
- Benoit Cacheux, Global Chief Digital Officer, Zenith, considers how we can better understand identity, behaviour and context
- Carl Bratton, Head of Effectiveness at Direct Line Group, looks at how we judge and prove the value of television.
- Jean-Paul Edwards, Chief Product Development Officer at OMD, gives his views on connected TV as a new audience and new data opportunity
How the industry scales addressable TV advertising
- ‘The Path to ‘turn on’ Addressability in Europe’ with Marcien Jenckes, President, Advertising, Comcast Cable
- ‘Unlocking Advanced TV in Europe: The Marketers’ Perspective’ with Tim Willcox (Managing Director at Amnet Programmatic Experts, Dentsu), Emmanuel Crego (General Manager, Values.media) and Emmanuel Josserand (Brand, Agency and Industry Relations, FreeWheel) (confirmed speakers).
- There is also a panel focused on ‘What Pay TV brings to the addressable TV party’.
You can see all the confirmed conference speakers here.
The conference agenda is here.
You can register for this online event here.